Skip to main content

Birchbox Goodies // February 2018

So this month Birchbox are throwing it back with some timeless beauty staples and trends. We also had the chance to pick out of three designs inspired by the 70s, 80s and 90s. I went for the 70s design because I'm an absolute sucker for anything with a bit of Flower Power ✌

In this box I got the "Love You So Latte" eyeshadow trio by The Beauty Crop, a ModelCo green concealer, a Percy & Reed Quite Frankly Flawless Finishing Polish, a Luseta coconut milk hair mask and a Pixi shea butter lip balm in "Pixi Pink".

The Beauty Crop Eyeshadow Trio in "Love You So Latte"

This is a really cute little eyeshadow trio and it's perfect for creating a more everyday look, but you could always add a bit more of the darker shade for a more smokey, evening look. The colours are really easy to blend out and are really pigmented. My only criticism would be that I needed to reach for another palette for a transition shade as there are two shimmer colours in the palette.

ModelCo Green Concealer

I've always been quite interested to try a green concealer - I don't have a huge amount of redness in my skin but sometimes when my foundation or concealer rubs off it does come through. This had a pretty good coverage and was really creamy which made it easy to blend out, but I did find that it pilled underneath my foundation so I probably won't be using this again to be honest.

Percy & Reed Quite Frankly Flawless Finishing Polish

I am really impressed with this product - I've been on the lookout for a good smoothing cream as I tend to get quite frizzy hair, especially when I wear it up in a ponytail. This is really good for smoothing away frizz and leaves your hair feeling really smooth, without it looking greasy!

Luseta Coconut Milk Hair Mask

I didn't really notice a huge amount of difference with this product if I'm honest. It smells beautiful and while I had it in my hair it did feel like it was doing a good job. I think it might be one of those products that you need to keep using before you see any changes so I'll keep using it and see what I think.

Pixi Shea Butter Lip Balm in "Pixi Pink"

Again, I wasn't a huge fan of this one. I thought it was really lovely and nourishing but I hate the colour of it. It really sinks into any cracks in your lips so you don't get a smooth colour application. I definitely have other coloured lip balms that I much prefer so I don't think I'll be using this one again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Urban Decay Vice Lipstick "Morning After" Review

Urban Decay Vice Lipstick in "Morning After" *New favourite lipstick alert*  This lipstick is seriously giving me life right now! I bought it a couple of weeks ago and since then I've been constantly reaching for it. It's part of the Vice lipsticks collection from Urban Decay, which comes in 100 different shades and 6 different finishes (Comfort Matte, Cream, Metallized, Sheer, Sheer Shimmer and Mega Matte) and they're priced at £15. This one is from the Sheer range, it's a light nude shade that's more on the pink side. What I really love about is how buildable it is in terms of colour; one coat and you just get that really subtle, pink sheen to your lips or you can build it up into a super-glossy pink look! The only bad thing I can say about it is that they haven't made this shade in the matte finish because it would be so perf! (I think the closest you'll get in this finish is "Backtalk")

Birchbox Goodies // April 2019

I'm writing this having just watched the latest Game of Thrones episode so bear with - I'm a bit emotionally fragile right now! (If you haven't seen it yet you are in for 90 minutes of OH MY CHRIST) A little bit late with this month's Birchbox post; I've started back at school again so it's been a little bit crazy but I figured I'd get this out while I've still got 2 days of the month left! This month's box is inspired by the healing power of crystals and enhancing your natural glow from within. Now, I don't really believe in crystal healing but I am all about that inner glow (plus they're beautiful to look at) so I was pretty excited by this box design! This month, I received a Benefit POREfessional primer, an ESTATE highlighter, an eye mask from Vitamasques, a Human+Kind moisturiser and an eye cream from Balance Me. ESTATE Cosmetics Dew Me Baked Highlighter in "Afterglow" RRP £10 Ok, so I wasn't really looking forw...

Birchbox Goodies // May 2019

Does anyone else have a major urge to just spend the next few months sitting in the nearest beer garden or is that just me? Summer is well and truly making its return and for this month's Birchbox we're celebrating being able to spread our wings (although I wish those wings were taking me to a beach). In this box, I got a Lord & Berry eyeliner, a toner from Sukin, a Beautaniq mascara, a face sunscreen from Mimitika and a hair mask from Philip Kingsley. Lord & Berry Line/Shade Eye Pencil RRP £13 I'm pretty sure I've received one of these in a previous Birchbox and from what I remember, I liked this product then and I like it now! I don't really use black pencil liner unless I'm doing a dark smokey eye, in which case I'll use it to line my bottom lashline. This one is pretty pigmented and also smudges out really nicely so it ticks all the boxes for what I look for in a product like this. I do think the price tag is a little expensive though, ...