Skip to main content

Birchbox Goodies // September 2018

This month Birchbox are celebrating new beginnings, which is quite fitting given that this is the month I'll be starting my second year at the Royal Birmingham Conservatoire - I'm so excited to start back and throw myself into the thick of things with our first round of shows! In this box, I received a Benefit Gold Rush blush, an exfoliating mask from Sand & Sky, a Marcelle moisturiser, a body oil from Nuxe and a Klorane conditioner.

Benefit Gold Rush Blush

RRP £25.50
I absolutely adore all the powders from Benefit, the formula is really pigmented and blends really easily, and this particular one is no exception! I'm not 100% sure if the colour is very flattering on me, but I think the more I've used it the more I like it.

Sand & Sky Australian Pink Clay Flash Perfection Exfoliating Treatment

RRP £34.90
Don't you just hate it when you find a product that is absolutely amazing but also really expensive? Yeah, that's how I feel about this. This mask is amazing. My skin felt so smooth after using it and honestly it's hands down the best exfoliator I've ever used, but spending the best part of £35 is definitely not an option when you're a student. Do I love this product? Yes. Am I going to buy it again? Probably not if I want to be able to feed myself for the month!

Marcelle City 24H Anti-Pollution Day & Night Moisturizing Emulsion

RRP £23
I really wasn't a fan of this - I didn't feel like it did a good job of moisturising and it just made my skin feel really tight. It also smelt really weird as well so I don't think I'll be re-purchasing this at all.

Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse Riche

RRP £32
I'm not usually a fan of body oils - they make my skin feel more greasy than moisturised, however this one was actually really nice! I think because the formula is quite thin, it was easier to absorb into the skin and I definitely noticed a difference on the dry skin I get on top of my arms.

Klorane Nourishing Conditioner With Mango Butter

RRP £10
I was expecting quite good things from this one - the formula is really thick and creamy which I find is usually the best for sorting out any dry ends. I didn't notice a huge difference in my hair, although it did feel soft and it smells so nice! I think I might just use this as a hair mask rather than a daily conditioner.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Urban Decay Vice Lipstick "Morning After" Review

Urban Decay Vice Lipstick in "Morning After" *New favourite lipstick alert*  This lipstick is seriously giving me life right now! I bought it a couple of weeks ago and since then I've been constantly reaching for it. It's part of the Vice lipsticks collection from Urban Decay, which comes in 100 different shades and 6 different finishes (Comfort Matte, Cream, Metallized, Sheer, Sheer Shimmer and Mega Matte) and they're priced at £15. This one is from the Sheer range, it's a light nude shade that's more on the pink side. What I really love about is how buildable it is in terms of colour; one coat and you just get that really subtle, pink sheen to your lips or you can build it up into a super-glossy pink look! The only bad thing I can say about it is that they haven't made this shade in the matte finish because it would be so perf! (I think the closest you'll get in this finish is "Backtalk")

Birchbox Goodies // April 2019

I'm writing this having just watched the latest Game of Thrones episode so bear with - I'm a bit emotionally fragile right now! (If you haven't seen it yet you are in for 90 minutes of OH MY CHRIST) A little bit late with this month's Birchbox post; I've started back at school again so it's been a little bit crazy but I figured I'd get this out while I've still got 2 days of the month left! This month's box is inspired by the healing power of crystals and enhancing your natural glow from within. Now, I don't really believe in crystal healing but I am all about that inner glow (plus they're beautiful to look at) so I was pretty excited by this box design! This month, I received a Benefit POREfessional primer, an ESTATE highlighter, an eye mask from Vitamasques, a Human+Kind moisturiser and an eye cream from Balance Me. ESTATE Cosmetics Dew Me Baked Highlighter in "Afterglow" RRP £10 Ok, so I wasn't really looking forw...

Birchbox Goodies // May 2019

Does anyone else have a major urge to just spend the next few months sitting in the nearest beer garden or is that just me? Summer is well and truly making its return and for this month's Birchbox we're celebrating being able to spread our wings (although I wish those wings were taking me to a beach). In this box, I got a Lord & Berry eyeliner, a toner from Sukin, a Beautaniq mascara, a face sunscreen from Mimitika and a hair mask from Philip Kingsley. Lord & Berry Line/Shade Eye Pencil RRP £13 I'm pretty sure I've received one of these in a previous Birchbox and from what I remember, I liked this product then and I like it now! I don't really use black pencil liner unless I'm doing a dark smokey eye, in which case I'll use it to line my bottom lashline. This one is pretty pigmented and also smudges out really nicely so it ticks all the boxes for what I look for in a product like this. I do think the price tag is a little expensive though, ...