Skip to main content

Feeling Hot Hot Hot // Fenty Beauty Moroccan Spice Palette Review

It feels pretty fitting to be writing a post on one of this summer's hottest eyeshadow palettes whilst simultaneously melting due to Britain's current heatwave situation! So Fenty released the Moroccan Spice palette back in July and honestly I have been lusting after it ever since! I probably wouldn't have ended up getting it (it retails for £42 and I would have had to pay postage on it as I don't have a Harvey Nichols near me back home in Suffolk) however while I was in Italy earlier this summer I had a few Euros left over and the Sephora in Lucca happened to have it in stock - it worked out a bit cheaper to buy it over there as well and to be honest that's all the convincing I needed!




The palette came out as part of a new launch from Fenty that included a liquid eyeliner, an eyeshadow primer and two new eyeshadow brushes. For £42, you get 16 shadows (7 matte and 9 shimmer/glitter) so it is more on the expensive side when I compare it to the other palettes I've got:


  • Mo'Rockin' Ice - a white shimmer shade, I've been loving this as a highlight for my tear ducts and brow-bone.
  • Mirage - a pinky champagne colour.
  • Ca$ablanca - a pinky/gold shade.
  • Marrakush - this is another gold shade, however, it's got more of a yellow shift to it than Marrakush.
  • Shisha Smoke - a matte purple/grey.
  • Sahara Stunna - a metallic hot pink shade, this also has a slight golden shift to it.
  • Quicksand - an orangey/pink colour, this one has more of a satin finish to it.
  • Desert Baked - a metallic brown shade.
  • Evil Genie - this is my absolute favourite shade in the whole palette, it's a really stunning metallic blue.
  • Fez Up - a matte plum colour, I really like this one for my outer v and for adding more definition around my eyes.
  • Saffron - another fave of mine, a beautiful matte pinky red shade.
  • Cumin Get It - a warm matte orange/brown shade, this has been a really great transition colour.
  • Souq It 2 Me - on the website it's described as a metallic navy, but I'd say it's got more of a green shift to it!
  • Nuts N Dates - this is basically a metallic version of Fez Up and the two really complement each other well.
  • Henna Sea - a deep matte brown shade.
  • Spice Trip - this is a really nice burnt brown shade and it's definitely one of the ones I've used the most!
I'm pretty happy with this palette to be honest! I was a bit worried I would struggle to create a lot of looks with it, but I think it's got enough of a variety of shades to use it as a standalone palette, or even with some others that I've got. My only criticisms of it would be the price and that a couple of the shades are ones you could very easily find in other palettes. However, I think the formula is really easy to work with and those shimmer shades are absolutely stunning!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Birchbox Goodies // April 2019

I'm writing this having just watched the latest Game of Thrones episode so bear with - I'm a bit emotionally fragile right now! (If you haven't seen it yet you are in for 90 minutes of OH MY CHRIST) A little bit late with this month's Birchbox post; I've started back at school again so it's been a little bit crazy but I figured I'd get this out while I've still got 2 days of the month left! This month's box is inspired by the healing power of crystals and enhancing your natural glow from within. Now, I don't really believe in crystal healing but I am all about that inner glow (plus they're beautiful to look at) so I was pretty excited by this box design! This month, I received a Benefit POREfessional primer, an ESTATE highlighter, an eye mask from Vitamasques, a Human+Kind moisturiser and an eye cream from Balance Me. ESTATE Cosmetics Dew Me Baked Highlighter in "Afterglow" RRP £10 Ok, so I wasn't really looking forw...

Birchbox Goodies // May 2019

Does anyone else have a major urge to just spend the next few months sitting in the nearest beer garden or is that just me? Summer is well and truly making its return and for this month's Birchbox we're celebrating being able to spread our wings (although I wish those wings were taking me to a beach). In this box, I got a Lord & Berry eyeliner, a toner from Sukin, a Beautaniq mascara, a face sunscreen from Mimitika and a hair mask from Philip Kingsley. Lord & Berry Line/Shade Eye Pencil RRP £13 I'm pretty sure I've received one of these in a previous Birchbox and from what I remember, I liked this product then and I like it now! I don't really use black pencil liner unless I'm doing a dark smokey eye, in which case I'll use it to line my bottom lashline. This one is pretty pigmented and also smudges out really nicely so it ticks all the boxes for what I look for in a product like this. I do think the price tag is a little expensive though, ...

Urban Decay Vice Lipstick "Morning After" Review

Urban Decay Vice Lipstick in "Morning After" *New favourite lipstick alert*  This lipstick is seriously giving me life right now! I bought it a couple of weeks ago and since then I've been constantly reaching for it. It's part of the Vice lipsticks collection from Urban Decay, which comes in 100 different shades and 6 different finishes (Comfort Matte, Cream, Metallized, Sheer, Sheer Shimmer and Mega Matte) and they're priced at £15. This one is from the Sheer range, it's a light nude shade that's more on the pink side. What I really love about is how buildable it is in terms of colour; one coat and you just get that really subtle, pink sheen to your lips or you can build it up into a super-glossy pink look! The only bad thing I can say about it is that they haven't made this shade in the matte finish because it would be so perf! (I think the closest you'll get in this finish is "Backtalk")